Thursday, October 2, 2008

internet

I still remember the good ol days when the word internet did not exist in my vocabulary. I remembered hanging out in the library during after school hours to do my research. Times have changed right now and information gathering is easily accessible via the information superhighway or the internet.

I remembered my very first internet connection, it's a very slow dial up modem (broadband was a thing of fiction then...). Things have changed now and I am already hooked up with a smoking 1mbps broadband connection. I know this may not be much, but it is more than enough bandwidth for me to really enjoy the capabilities of the internet like download those mp3 files at a much faster speed...

Looking back, I have to admit that this technology is really here to stay. It has changed so many lives and it has indeed brought people closer that ever. The world is indeed getting smaller, communicating with other people from other parts of the world became faster.

But this marvelous technology also came with a price, and it has fallen into the wrong hands and it's technology and the freedom of speech that it brought have been abused in more ways than one. But all in all, this technology have indeed touched our very lives and society and have in a way, made this world a better place to be in.

No comments: