Saturday, October 4, 2008

change...

Spending time away from everything even for a day can truly change one's perspective on the things that are happening. I did just that when I went out of town to a place called Imus Cavite in the Philippines to spend time with a lifelong friend who I haven't gotten in touch with for a very long time. We got to talk about my recently failed relationship and he has always been a very big mirror to me...

My recent travel was about change and a chance to take a deeper look into my very soul... And it is also a way for me to gain a new perspective in life and what's been happening. I gained a lot of new insights during this trip.

I was actually feeling down and out for more than 2 weeks when that friend of mine invited me to his store out of town for me to have a change of scenery and we got to talk about the concept of change and acceptance for all that's been happening. It is a chance for me to do a little deep soul searching and try to make sense in everything...

I am just glad that there are others out there who really care for me. I'm still glad that I somehow still have my friends. And I'm glad that I manage to talk to this one as nobody knows me better that he does. At the end of the day, I am slowly finding peace and acceptance in all of this and now I am really ready to start learning to move on and live my life without her. Now I am ready to start picking up the pieces to start building a better life.

I just pray that I will one day find true love and happiness and I pray that if that day should come, I will finally be ready to embrace it with all my heart. As for the moment, I need to just learn to be content and play the cards I've been dealt with and turn all this around into something positive and productive.

I have now realized that the road to true peace and happiness should begin from within. All my life, I have been trying so hard to make other people happy so I can feel accepted never realizing that it is hurting me even more.

So now, a new chapter of my life is opening and I am looking forward to what this may bring. I know that God will be here to guide me as in a way, He never really did abandon me. I was just too stubborn to listen to His guidance. Maybe it's about time that I start to learn to listen...

No comments: