Monday, September 29, 2008

milkshake

What went wrong?

This question has been playing and going in my mind since the day you said goodbye to me. I really thought that you and I are gonna be together for the rest of our lives. It would be nice to grow old and start a family with you someday (and so I thought...). The two of us have our share of ups and downs during our relationship that lasted for more than 2 years and I really would've worked harder to make it last longer than a lifetime. What happened just kept on playing in my head. I still couldn't believe that it is all over and done with. I still couldn't accept that you've had a change of heart...

I know I have my flaws (who doesn't) but I am working hard to correct them and all I needed was some time and a little more understanding. There are reasons why you had to say goodbye and I really wish that you'd tell me what those reasons are... I know that a lot of people in your family does not want us to be together for they feel that I am not worth your while. I am really trying hard to make something out of myself but my plans just kept on crashing down...

These past few week had brought me hell and I know that I need to stand up and start living my life again. I know that life isn't fair (it never was...), and I know that all I ever did was love. I also know that loosers always whine and cry over their spilled bucket of milk. Might as well as learn how to make milkshake...

Deep down inside, I have an idea why you left me in the first place. I know you want a thin, goodlooking, and rich chinese guy (and I am the exact opposite of what you wanted), and I know that I am not what you and your family are looking for. And I also know that your family is also secretly against your having a relationship with me. What pains me the most is that you've given up so easily when I could've been with you till the end.

I fought so hard to make this work even if I was left fighting the battles all alone. I was hurt and I was down... My life had shattered, my heart stopped beating the day you said goodbye...

I still wanna believe that there's a reason behind all of these. I still wanna believe in a silver lining...

But at least I gained some wisdom in what has happened. I don't wanna feel angry, for how can you be angry towards the one that you hold so dear? All I can do now is wish you well and hope that life would still be kind to you. Inspite of all the pain, I still feel no bitterness towards you or your family as I understand that you just wanted the best that life has to offer...

All I can do now is work even smarter, strive even harder to improve on my life and myself. And when the winds of fate would cross our paths again, I hope that I can hold my head up high and show you that I've turned that spilled bucket of milk into a very yummy milkshake...

No comments: